Workers' Compensation Core Skills I teaches the history and benefits upon which the foundations of workers' compensation adjusting, employment, compensability and second injury fund are built. This course includes what every adjuster should know about legal terminology and concepts. Also included is a module providing fraud awareness training. This is a prerequisite for Workers' Compensation Core Skills II.
The approximate times to complete each module are listed below. Please keep in mind that times may vary as people learn at their own pace.
1. History & Benefits - 25 minutes
2. Employment - 25 minutes
3. Compensability - 50 minutes
4. Second Injury Fund - 20 minutes
5. Adjuster Law I: Contracts - 30 minutes
6. Adjuster Law II: Torts - 45 minutes
7. Adjuster Law III: Civil Law - 35 minutes
8. WC Fraud Awareness - 25 minutes
Total Course Approximate Time: 4.25 hours
|Georgia Statutes Links|